Diálogos sobre educación. Temas actuales en investigación educativa (Dialogues on Education. Current Topics on Educational Research) is a Mexican digital peer-reviewed magazine published by the Department of Educational Studies of the Guadalajara University. The purpose of the magazine is to divulgate original research work capable of contributing relevant knowledge in the fields of education and social sciences.
Authors interested in submitting articles for publication must present a commitment document stating that the work is original and unpublished, and that is has not been simultaneously proposed for publication to another magazine. The publishing coordination will immediately discard submitted works which:
a) To the knowledge of the magazine, have been substantially published in any other kind of media, be it digital, electronic or printed
b) During the evaluation and editorial process, it is found and confirmed that the author has partially or totally plagiarized somebody else´s work. The author will be duly notified and his participation in the magazine will be restricted during the next three issues.
Ascribed to open acces, Diálogos sobre educación. Temas actuales en investigación educativa allows for its publications to be obtained free of charge and freely printed, downloaded or distributed with the only condition of mentioning the original source.
Thus, the reception of works submitted for publications must abide by the following requirements:
1. Unpublished, updated and with relevant theoretical and/or empirical contributions, especially those related to the central theme, are welcome to be submitted for publication. Submitted works can be presented in Spanish, English, French and Portuguese
2. Once the text has been submitted for review and evaluation the author becomes engaged not to submit it for publication to any other media
3. Every submitted work will go through an evaluation process consisting of the following steps:
a. An initial screening to establish if the work meets the required conditions
b. The works selected after the initial screening are submitted to a double-blind evaluation which will guarantee strictness, anonymity and confidentiality
c. The members of the review panel report the outcome of their evaluation and recommend one of the three following possibilities: a) accepted; b) accepted but suggest modifications; c) not accepted. In case of controversy a third reviewer will be required.
d. The author is informed of the result of the evaluation and is requested to attend to the evaluators’ recommendations, if any
4. The author must obtain permission to publish any illustration or figure used in his work that is not his own.
5. The author must sign away the editorial rights when the article is approved and ready for publication.
Types of works published in the magazine:
Research articles. Original works, in process or concluded, which contribute to the building of knowledge in their ascribed field. Minimal requirements:
• Abstract: in Spanish and English, no more than 150 words succinctly expressing the object of study, the theoretical perspective and the methodological approach, as well as five key words
• Introduction: includes background supporting the relevance of the study; theoretical perspective; formulation of the problem or research question and the proposed objectives
• Methodology: describes the process of empiric work, the construction of the study case and the tools for the collection of information
• Development: explains the research work, shows the analysis made in the light of the particular case study, and describes the originality and relevance of the work
• Results: shown in a clear and concise form; tables, graphics, images, diagrams or maps can be included
• References: literature and founts of type used by the author for the building of the theoretical framework and the analysis of the results
The article’s length should be 15 to 30 pages; the notes, tables, graphics and images must be included in the body of the text.
Critical essay. Theoretical text (15 to 25 pages) focused on subjects related to the fields of education and social sciences. Texts related to the state of the art contributing relevant information to a particular subject or theoretical perspective are welcome, as well as works reformulating or conceptualizing study and methodological proposals. Submitted works must include introduction, development, final considerations and bibliography.
Reviews: Texts (3 to 5 pages) depicting critically and in detail books, articles, conferences, lectures, or artistic and cultural expressions delving into issues relevant to the objective of our magazine. The review must have an original title and complete references regarding the reviewed object.
General features of manuscripts: In every case, submitted collaborations must bear the aurhors’ complete name, valid academic degree, institutional adscription, research lines and email address. Manuscripts must be written in RTF Word format or any other Windows compatible text processor, 1.5 spacing, Times New Roman 12. Bibliography must be included at the end of the document in alphabetical order and according to the norms established in the style handbook of the American Psychological Association.
Book: Velasco, H. y Díaz de Rada, A. (1997). La lógica de la investigación etnográfica. Madrid: Editorial Trota.
Book Chapter: Olson, D. (1995). Cultura escrita y objetividad: el surgimiento de la ciencia moderna. En: D. Olson y N. Torrance (eds.). Cultura escrita y oralidad. Barcelona: Gedisa Colección Lea.
Research Article: Loxterman, J. A., Beck, I. L. & Mckeown, M. G. (1994). The effects of thinking aloud during reading on students’ comprehension of more or less coherent text. Reading Research Quarterly, 29, 28-52.
Research article downloaded from Internet: Frederickson, B. L. (2000). Cultivating positive emotions to optimize health and well-being [Versión electrónica]. Prevention & Treatment, 3, 117-123. Recuperado el 20 de noviembre de 2000 de: http://journals.apa.org/prevention/volume3/pre0030001a.htlm
All articles should be sent to: email@example.com